10 millilitres water
200 grams sugar
25 grams butter (room temperature)
125 grams cream (room temperature)
6 grams salt
high saucepan with a thick bottom
- Wash the saucepan so that the pan is moist
- Melt the sugar and the water in the pan until it’s a caramel
- Take the pan of the fire and blend a lump of butter through the caramel
- Add the cream. But don’t freak out: The caramel can bubble up/rise up, so that’s why you’re using a high pan.
- Add some salt
- As the caramel cools down, it will thicken. So be ready to use the sauce quikly!